FUN AND SWEET DEMO DEV
Mosaic Hearts Prototype Demo
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Jonn returns to his hometown and finds it in the middle of a territory war! Jonn and a girl out for revenge, Mary, team up to try and stop it! Jonn teams up with each boss that he faces to become strong enough to take down the final boss, Noel!
EVERY enemy is a (potential) new best friend!
Fight each boss, gain them as an ally, explore, and platform your way through each level. Build a strong group that can take down the final boss, Noel Weisburg.
In the game, you can:
- Customize your combos!
- Make friends of your enemies
- Interact with funny unique characters!
- Cook food to help you grow stronger!
- Never read this list again!
If your controller goes nuts:
Steam overwrites Unity's controller inputs. Because of that, the controller doesn't know which input to follow and the values go nuts.
+ Turn off Steam and deactivate then reactivate your bluetooth controller and it should work.
+ You can also just plug in directly.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you so much for playing! Ren can be a huge pain in the butt! But you were doing good!
Awesome prototype. The art style and animations for the characters is well done! Exploring around and talking to all the characters was fun. The voices were fun to listen to! There’s some good comedy to be found. The music was pretty jamming as well!
Gameplay wise, the combat seems pretty simple. It’s usually attack three times and dodge to build up your friend meter, then use that to get some extra damage in. Hopefully some extra mechanics get added in to add some more depth to the combat. Being able to gather equipment and cook food for bonuses is a nice touch though. Hitting enemies also felt like it didn’t have any weight or impact, perhaps some additional animations or effects (SFX or Visual) would help with this.
The prototype was a bit buggy. Some of the bugs I ran into include:
- After defeating Ren, if you shop at her store, attempting to buy anything softlocks the game. (28:15 in the video)
- In the abandoned school dungeon, I wasn’t able to use any items I bought. (I did buy a bunch of apples but there were more than I bought and I wasn’t able to use any of them.) Seems like this happens if you buy too much of a single item…? (37.35 in video)
- When I fought Angela in the school, dying to her caused the game to softlock. (I was on her 3rd phase, but this happens throughout the game. 40:32 in the video)
- Vsync settings don’t seem to save after reboot.
- Voice audio levels aren’t equally leveled between characters. (Minor)
- Camera angles sometimes bug out. (Minor)
- Exiting to the title menu and attempting to continue does not work.
Also, I feel that the 3D objects and environments clash with the 2D character art style. It would be cool to see the entire town in a similar art style. Regardless, I had a very fun time with this prototype. Looking forward to the development of this game!